Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Passing on the Sweetness: A Sweet Award - with no calories!

Thank you to Dawn at Noir and Chick Flicks for sending a delivery of "The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award" to A Person in the Dark. Here is the link to Dawn's lovely and lively blog - Noir and Chick Flicks. Dawn always has such beautiful posts about classic films and stars and I learn something new there all of the time! Plus - she has a brand new boop-boop-be-doop look that I love!

Here are the rules:

1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award to 12 of your blogging buddies.
4. Notify the recipients.

7 Random Facts About Me

1. I love plaids, polka dots and stripes.
2. Franklin Delano Roosevelt is my favorite President.
3. I was born and continue to live in the place I love most in the world - aren't I lucky?
4. I love glitter. There can never be too much glitter!
5. Louis Prima is my favorite entertainer.
6. I believe a glass of red wine just must be good for you!
7. I was once married to Cary Grant and his last words were my name (okay, that is just a wish, not a fact). 

Here are 12 Fabulous Blogs (so hard to choose!). Please give them a try. I know you will like - make that love - them:

1. Via Margutta 51: oh what a special blog this is. Clara is an enthusiastic and clever movie lover. I love all of her posts and her cleverly named blog (see if you can figure out what it refers to).
2. The Lady Eve's REEL LIFE: I love this blog so much. The Lady Eve is a magnificent writer. Really - she needs to get paid for this stuff!
3. Viv and Larry: All things Vivien Leigh and Laurence Olivier - and I do mean all things. A beautifully crafted blog about 2 beautiful and talented people and the world they inhabited.
4. Life as a Movie: Utterly charming, and filled with delightful insights and luscious photos.
5. The Silver Screen Affair: This one has the glamour thing down to a science. I even feel more glamorous just by clicking on the link!
6. Classic Movies: Sharing a love of films with great articles, quotes and links.
7. Forever Classics: Meredith loves movies and it shows! A very attractive blog to spend some time lost in a world of black and white (and color, too!).
8. Java's Journey: A really fun, informative well-written blog that explores all of the things - and I mean all - I love about classic films.
9. Flappers, Flickers and Silent Stanzas: Reviews, poetry, photos and stories all about pre-code and silent films. A very special blog that I know you will love.
10. Edna's Place: This is the blog site for the spectacular and important website "A Journey to Paradise" all about Charlie Chaplin's wonderful, elusive and beautiful leading lady, Edna Purviance. I can't say enough about the work that site creator Linda Wada has poured into this site. Go now!
11. Backlots: A new favorite, this one is chock full of goodies (you know, the kind we like - stars, stars & more stars).
12. Comet Over Hollywood: A real beauty with the added attraction of being extremely well written and brimming with love for classic films.

Thanks again, Dawn!

14 comments:

Emily Hernandez said...

Hi Chick Flick! Thanks so much for the award! Or as a glamous blogger would say, thaaank you darling! I'm here, now what do I do? ;)

Meredith said...

Thank you so much! :)

Flapper Flickers + Silent Stanzas said...

Awww, thank you! ^_^

Edna's Place said...

What a huge surprise! Never won any awards before, for any of my sites, so I feel honored. Thank-you! :-)

FlickChick said...

Ladies - the pleasure is all mine! Thank you for your wonderful sites!

KC said...

Thank you for the recognition. You are too sweet!

Clara Fercovic said...

THANKS for considering my blog and your super nice words about me. I really, really appreciate it :)

FlickChick said...

@ KC & Clara: you both are fabulous (and sweet)!

JavaBeanRush said...

Thank you very much.

-Java

Kendra said...

Thanks very much!
xx

FlickChick said...

@ Java & Kendra - my pleasure - I love your work!

Clara Fercovic said...

Hi, FlickChick,

Just gave you another award :)

http://via-51.blogspot.com/2011/08/irresistibly-sweet-liebster-blog-awards.html

FlickChick said...

Thank you, Clara!

The Lady Eve said...

My dear FlickChick, thanks for the very kind words - and the award! Love your blog, too - one of my very favorites...