Sunday, April 6, 2014

Dolores Del Rio: Orchidaceous

Rumor had it that the dramatically beautiful Dolores Del Rio survived on a diet of orchids. No doubt the reason for her hot-house beauty. 
Caption, please. What is the Ordcidaceous Miss Del Rio thinking?

Right now, I am a fan of her look. 2014 will be a year I take a look at her art. But, until then, feast your eyes on the in-your-face beauty of Dolores Del Rio:





Can anyone give me some suggestions of some must-see films of Miss Del Rio?


6 comments:

Inge Gregusch said...

Gorgeous pics! My suggested movie is a tad obvious, but, I think I got here first, LOL. "Flying Down to Rio" is a fave of mine. She is beautiful and exquisitely gowned.

said...

Um, orchids? Interesting. Her beauty is undeniable, so I believe either she had grat genes or her strange diet works.
I just found Bird of Paradise (1932) with her to watch. It also features Joel McCrea, so I'm more curious because I never saw him in a pre-Code.
Now excuse me while I go out to pick some orchids for a snack. :)
Kisses!

DorianTB said...

Marsha, my dear late mom loved Dolores Del Rio, from her 1930s movies to Orson Welles' JOURNEY INTO FEAR, and much more. As she got older (but still awesome), I remember our family sitting down to watch MARCUS WELBY M.D. when we were kids, and Ms. Del Rio was the guest star, much to Mom's delight! :-) Love those beautiful pictures, with or without or orchids!

FlickChick said...

Thank you, Inge. I have seen that film, but I always focus on Astaire & Rogers. I need to pay more attention to Dolores.

FlickChick said...

HI Le! I need to see Bird of Paradise -as you say, it has the added attraction of Joel McCrea.

FlickChick said...

Dorian- the only think I really remember her in is that Elvis film. I long to get to know her younger self.