Gwen, the amazing author of Movies, Silently has generously awarded me a Liebster Award!
|Joe, go in and buy some film for the camera and |
take a picture of me and my award!
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. List 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions posed by the blog who awarded you the Liebster
3. Create 11 questions for the blogs you will pass the Liebster on to
4. Nominate 11 more blogs for the Liebster award.11 Facts About Me
1. I am left-handed.
2. If you love me, you will buy me a bottle of Cristal champagne.
3. My current favorite perfume is Living Colorfully by Kate Spade.
4. There can never be too many baguette diamonds.
5. My favorite female singer is Ella Fitzgerald.
6. I hate getting up in the morning (why does the bed always feel so good when you have to get up?).
7. The Keurig coffee maker has dramatically improved my quality of life.
8. I don't Tweet. I won't Tweet.
9. I always like the bad boys.
10. I am nuts for BBC America series Black Orphan, Copper & Ripper Street.
11. I rarely follow the rules exactly as written.
Gwen's 11 questions:
1. What is one of your favorite “show, don’t tell” movie moments? You know, moments that really symbolize the characters, mood or setting without dialogue or narration.
The final scene of “Cinema Paradiso” : no words are necessary.
2. Name five of your favorite film scores.
Love me Tonight : Rodgers & Hart
Gigi: Lerner & Lowe
3. What was your favorite childhood game?
Childhood covers such a long period of time, but I'll go with Monopoly: I always wanted to be the one with Boardwalk & Park Place (plus I loved the diamond ring in between).
4. What really weird food did you like as a kid?
My favorite sandwich was peanut butter and butter. There can never be too much butter (or cholesterol)!
5. What decade of the 20th century exemplifies coolness to you?
The 1960s beyond all doubt.
6. Name three underrated movies/books/albums that you think everyone should see/read/listen to. (Choose three of the same or mix and match!)
The White Hotel by D.M. Thomas
Make Way for Tomorrow (1937)
7. What music would you like to have played every time you enter a room?
Toss up between Elvis Presley singing "Hard Headed Woman" or Jerry Lee Lewis singing "Whole Lotta Shakin Goin' On."
8. What is your favorite thing to cook?
The books. My oven is storage space.
9. The store you lose yourself in is ________.
Anthropologie - truly irresistible.
10. How do you eat Oreos? (Or the #1 goodie in your country if you are not in the
Split, lick and devour.
11. How did you decide on the name of your blog?
I adore Norma Desmond and how she was devoted to all of us wonderful people out there in the dark. I thank my lucky (silver screen) stars every day!
Now, as you already know, I never quite follow all directions as written, so here's the twist:
Instead of composing 11 questions for 11 bloggers, I am going to ask you to tell me something about yourself that you are just dying to disclose and I am just longing to know (movie-related or otherwise).
And, instead of nominating 11 bloggers, I am going to ask you all to swing over to the Classic Movie Blog Association website and check out the best movie blogs on the web. They are all award winning! Just click HERE and get blissfully lost in the topics you love best.
I totally agree with your choices for underrated movies. Avalon is one of my all time favorites. I owe my awareness of Make Way for Tomorrow to people in this film community. It's wonderful, though I can't watch it very often. So heartbreaking.
I deleted my first post, because I wanted to add something.
I can relate to you not wanting to get up in the morning. I am that way too...especially in the winter. I am a Florida girl currently living in the Mountain West, and I HATE cold. I also hate the dark of winter, so from about October to March, it is near impossible for me to get out of bed in the morning. I mean, it's freezing cold and not light until after 8:00. Dark and cold just screams "stay in bed" to me. My dogs don't agree with that, though, so I DO get up earlier than I'd like.
I am with you on Make Way for Tomorrow. I love that movie. While it doesn't make my top 10 for the 30's, it's about at #11 or #12. Talk about a tearjerker.
Oh, I like the bad boys too! Not sure what a therapist would have to say about that, but I am very drawn to those rough-around-the-edges kind of guys.
I don't tweet either, and, in fact, I barely tolerate Facebook. Besides the fact that I need to be disciplined with my online time, I am MUCH too wordy for Twitter.
Thanks for sharing!
Oh, I loathe waking up early too! And as a kid, I ate nothing for lunch bu noodles! Oh my!
Yes, there is something I'm dying to tell: a year and a half ago, I fell in love for a boy who had a small similarity with Anthony Perkins. He bought my book on classic film and this was the best thing ever. We haven't seen each other for more than a year. I, then, wrote a short story in chich I conquer him and actually I won a contest with this story. I'm a little ashamed to show the story to my family when it is published. Shhh, don't tell my secret! :)
These kinds of posts are cool, but give me a huge headache thinking of interesting things about me.
I love getting up in the morning. I'm serious! I am one of those annoying morning people who wake up cheerful and are immediately busy at completing the day's tasks.
Congrats on the well-deserved award! I feel I know you a bit better after reading these tidbits.
Great idea and yes, creative..
I'm not exactly sure how to proceed..
I am a morning person.
I would choose "No Fond Return of Love" by Barbara Pym as a great underrated novel.. "Lives Like Loaded Guns"..about E. Dickinson..bio..I guess. underrated or unseen film "A New leaf"...
My favorite singer is Sara Carter who sang lead in the Carter Family early folk/country music..
Cats R me.
Music played every time I enter a room? "Catch a Wave" by the Beach Boys.
one of my favorite weird foods that I loved as a child ..RoyaL Lunch Crackers and milk.. YUM.
film scores.. "A Hard Day's Night", "Showboat", "Harold and Maude"...
Well that's the end of that! Not sure if I played according to rules..but good to break rules, right!????!!!!!
Patti - thank you so much for sharing. It's really hard to write things about yourself!
Oh, Le - your secret is safe here! That is quite a story!
Silver Screenings - I used to like you, but there is something about morning people.....
Mary - thank you so much for sharing.Now I will be thinking about the Beach Boys when I see you on line.
scsbrell - I wish Avalon was shown more - it is such a feel good film and very well done.
I love you but I cannot buy you the champagne of your choice!
Marvelous answers (so sorry I am late to tell you this) I cannot agree with you more about the Keurig coffee maker ;)
Okay, Samantha - the $5.99 version will do!
Oh Gwen - thank you so much. I have trouble leaving comments at your sight - but I love it so and thank you so very much.
Post a Comment